Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Home = Peanut Butter Cookies (Vegan)

If only I could capture the smell and add a scent to this entry!

You might be thinking...Vegan...eh?  Well, my carnivorous husband approves and so did my language class.  These cookies will make your heart smile, trust me I know cookies!

I must give a shout out to my Mom who validated my craving for peanut butter cookies by saying, "It's your birthday month and your pregnant so just do it."  Thanks Mom!

Now, I will share the secret recipe....they are simple & quick.

Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies

1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. margarine
1 1/4 creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In bowl mix together all dry ingredients.  Add the remaining ingredients and stir until the dough is well mixed.  Spoon generous tablespoon drops onto cookie sheet, rounding the dough balls.  Using a fork make press the tops of dough mounds in an criss-cross.  Bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden brown.  Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

Share & Enjoy!  







No comments:

Post a Comment